Instructions for Authors
The requirements for manuscripts submitted for publication
- Editors accept for publication:
a) original papers,
b) review papers,
c) case studies,
d) conference reports,
e) letters to editors,
f) book reviews;
- The text of original papers should be divided into the following parts: introduction, material and methods, results, discussion, conclusions. The length of the paper should not exceed 15 pages.
- In the original papers, review papers, case studies and conference reports, the author’s full name and surname and the name of the affiliated institution, should be typed. It is necessary to add keywords in English (not more than 3) and a summary of approx. 700 characters/150 words. On the last page of the manuscript, the mailing address should be placed (below References).
- Information concerning sources of funding of the work or possible conflicts of interests should be placed on the first page of the article.
- The list of references should include only those items that are cited in the text in brackets, e.g. (Smith 2000). Use of footnotes is discouraged – use endnotes instead. Each reference should be written in a new line.Reference format with examples:Books:
Last name, First initial. (Year published). Title. City published: Publisher, Page(s).Example: Krippendorf J. (1987). The Holiday Makers. Oxford: Butterworth, pp. 22-23.
Chapters in edited books:
Last name, First initial. (Year published). Chapter title. In: First initial. Last name, ed., Book Title. City: Publisher, Page(s).
Smith J. (2000). Impact of tourism. In: M. Handle, ed. Tourism studies. Warszawa: PNDT, pp. 222-237.
Print journal articles:
Last name, First initial. (Year published). Article title. Journal, Volume (Issue), Page(s).
Kowalski, N. (2014). Sports education. Education Today, 69(3), pp. 26-29.
- The manuscript accepted for publication is the copyright of Archives of Tourism, Hospitality and Sport Science. All copyrights to publish and distribute the submitted material in all known forms are transferred to the Publisher. The manuscript cannot therefore be published in whole or in part in other publications in the country or overseas without obtaining permission of the Publisher.
- Papers should be e-mailed to the Editors of the journal: email@example.com.
- Original and review papers, case studies and reports are reviewed anonymously by two independent experts. After receiving a positive review, the author is asked to send the article in English or Polish with proofs following the comments of reviewers, within the period specified by the Editor. Failure to meet this deadline will be considered a resignation from the publication of the manuscript.
- The paper should be saved in Word for Windows font Times New Roman 12 pt, line spacing 1.5, taking into account the following principles: the titles and subtitles should be written in a text letter (not capitals), the decimal numbers with dots (not commas), indented paragraphs begin with the appropriate command from the menu: format, paragraph (not tabs). Tables and graphs (figures) should be inserted in the appropriate places in the article. Please do it in Word for Windows or Excel. The width of tables and figures must not exceed 16.5 cm (width of column journal) in the tables and descriptions of the drawings, use Times New Roman size 10 points, half tone illustrations should be saved as black and white (256 shades of grey, resolution 300 dpi) TIF, JPG or EPS, in the proportions in which they are printed, the chart fills do not use colours, only shades of grey or black and white patterns, the article must be accompanied by a high quality black and white printout of tables, charts and drawings of a size they are going to be published.
- Editors reserve the right to correct stylistic errors and terminology and abbreviations without making the necessary arrangements with the author.
- Submission of the work implies that the author states as follows:
a) the article contains original, unpublished work,
b) there is no conflict of interests affecting the objectivity and credibility of the work.
- Publisher acquires exclusive copyright of publication of works (including the right to publish in print, electronic media, CD and on the Internet). For the above use, the authors do not receive remuneration.